Thursday, August 5, 2010

Video

Phew!! I finally got it posted. It was taking forever to upload plus I would have "helpful" little hands that would push the wrong button or close the computer up:)

This is some video of the buses leaving. The Patriot Guard lead them out, they also lined the entrance to the City High Auditorium with flags all done up in their motorcycle clothes;) Even if you aren't a motorcycle person it was still a wonderful display and we all appreciate their support. We got to spend some time with Paul outside before the ceremony, that is when most of the pictures were taken. We went inside and then the troops marched in on both sides of the auditorium, very neat. They stood up front on risers and we had a few people talk. Not too many and they kept it fairly short;) Then they guys marched back out and we got a few more minutes with them before they had to go on the buses. It was hot but people were still hugging and holding each other close. I know this probably goes with out saying but I hate the send-offs. On the upside, we can't start counting down the days till Paul comes home until he leaves so it's nice to be on the count down phase now;) Connor and Abby did really well, mainly because I don't think they fully understand. I think it was hard for me because I didn't want to cry, I didn't want Paul to have his last look at his wife be a tearful one, I didn't want it to be harder on him to leave ( I can only imagine the strength it took for him to walk away from us and get on that bus, I didn't want to make it harder) I also didn't want to scare or upset the kids. Connor is very aware of my feelings, anytime I am down he can tell and I didn't want him to get sad, so I just tried to keep smiling. I didn't manage a smile the whole time but I don't think I cried either. The video shows the buses leaving, you can't really see it on the video but as the buses were driving by I could actually see Paul through the tinted windows. He had his hand pressed up against the window, it was perfect. You also can't tell how excited I was when I saw that on the video. Inside I felt like I was jumping up and down and I was so excited to see him I thought that the video would be all shaky, but I must have remained rather calm on the outside. All in all it wasn't a bad day. I got to talk to him on the phone while they were driving down to Camp Shelby. They are getting a 4 day pass while they are in Shelby and I don't know if I will go. Saying good-bye isn't as hard when you know they are "just down the road," saying good-bye knowing their next stop is Afghanistan might be too much. I know I will want to see him so bad, and I would hate for him to be one of the only ones down there with out anyone there for him but we will just have to play it by ear. Anyway, enjoy the video and the pictures and thank you all for your love and support!!

No comments: