Sunday, November 21, 2010

I never was the "wait by the phone for a boy to call" type of girl. But now, with Paul in Afghanistan, that is what I seem to be doing. Getting on the computer in the morning and at night and staying close, or taking it room to room with me, just to see if he is on Facebook so I can chat with him. I got a chance to talk with him over Skype last night but his web cam wasn't working. So he said that he would try tonight with a different web cam and he said that he was going to get up early, like 3 or 4am to see if he could catch Abby and Connor before they go to bed. So I have been sitting by my computer, and taking it to the bathroom while I bathed Connor, and had it right next to me while I was trimming Connor's hair, just in hopes that his day and night went as hoped and he will be ringing my on Skype any minute now. I am blogging this in a lame attempt to keep busy and not just staring at the blank Skype screen. *Exhales deeply* technology can be so wonderful but tonight it has had me so anxious and excited and nervous and happy and sad all at the same time.....I hope we hear from him soon. It's almost 7pm and I have to wake the kids up at 6:30am tomorrow. I don't want them to stay up too late. But how could I not let them stay up if their dad is going to be calling to see them? Ring darn computer, ring........

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh, you're such a Bella! haha! just kidding ;)

Sarah said...

pppplllltttt (that is the noise of me sticking my tounge out at you;)

Hensley said...

Sarah? Where have I been? Sorry I haven't checked your blog in awhile but man you are doing well. The kids are so big and your posts are great. Keep it up! Miss you guys!

Love
Laura :)

Jessi said...

Not the type to wait for a boy to call? Is this the same Sarah from Helser Hall? ;) Just kidding.