Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Our Baby has to have Surgery

We went to see the surgeon today. It was very in and out. He said that she had an umbilical cyst. He said that they cyst was made up of left over umbilical tissue that is still under the skin. He told us that these cysts have a tendency to become infected and that can be very serious so this is something that we want to take care of now. He said he likes to wait until the babies are at least 2 months old before doing surgery so it's scheduled her surgery is scheduled for July 28th at 11:30am. I am a bit upset about it. I know that it's the best thing for her but the idea of someone cutting into my baby's tummy is not setting well with me. So say a few prayers that everything goes smoothly. She will be in and out in a day and then he said a pressure bandage for 3-5 days and then she will be a-ok. My poor baby :(

Oh, I forgot to mention our "little" lady is now 23inches long and 10lbs 4oz!!!

5 comments:

Tonya said...

I'm sorry to hear that. I hope everything goes smoothly. I'll be thinking about you guys.

mary said...

So sorry that she has to have surgery. I will be thinking of you.

Anonymous said...

I'll be keeping you all in my prayers! Erin

Anonymous said...

Growing right along, isn't she! Erin

Anonymous said...

She is a strong Baker-Whitford and is going to do great! I'll include her and your family in my prayers. MeganW