Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Our Baby's Belly Button

Abigail's umbilical cord fell off a couple days before her 2 week appointment. It seemed to be doing just fine but the last few days there has been quite a bit of "stuff" coming out of it. The poor little girl's shirts are getting all gross. So I called the pediatrician's office last night and they wanted to see her. We went in today and the Doctor wanted her to be checked out at the hospital and have an ultra sound done to see what was going on. They saw a fluid filled cyst :( On the upside there isn't a connection between the urinary tract or anything else major but it is oozing out. I talked with the pediatrician after she got the results of the ultra sound and she said that she wanted us to follow up with a surgeon to see if it is something that we can just watch or if it's something that we need to do surgery on. Say a prayer that it's nothing major and that we can just keep an eye on it. I don't even want to think about my little baby having surgery!! We can't get in to see the surgeon until June 24th so hopefully we will find out more than.
We did get another weight on her and she has now gained 11 ounces in 8 days!!!! She is just growing like a weed!! She is 3 weeks and is now 9lbs 13oz and 22.5 inches long!!

3 comments:

Tonya said...

I hope everything turns out o.k. I would be nervous for my little girl to have surgery too. I'll be thinking about you guys!!

Sarah said...

Thanks,I hope it turns out to be nothing.

Mary said...

I hope that things go okay and you won't have to do surgery. I will be thinking of you guys. To bad you have to wait til the 24th though.