Saturday, January 7, 2012

Connor's Birthday!

Ok, yes I know I am a few months behind ;) We celebrated Connor's birthday a few days early so Paul could be there. Connor wanted a Batman cake so we went off to Michael's to see what we could find. The Batman cake pan was all sold out. So he looked around and found Spiderman, I picked it up and then really started looking at it. It required some crazy decorating and I didn't think that I was up for it, so I tried to talk him into a sheet cake with the Batman logo on it. Nope, he was now sold on Spiderman. So I bought some frosting bags and tips and crossed my fingers!

I mixed up the cake and baked it. Showed Connor what it looked like out of the tin and he thought it was pretty cool. So off he went to bed and I started to decorate; little stars of color and black pipping all over spiderman. I have NEVER decorated a cake like this before! and needless to say, it didn't go so hot. I was on the phone to my mom asking how to fix it or other ways she thought it might work. She said, "he will love it no matte what Sarah" I wasn't convinced. So I finished, to the best of my ability, thinking it look a hot mess and hoping that my son wouldn't be devastated the next morning when he woke up to a blotchy Spiderman. Well, guess what? My mom was right. Connor thought it was the coolest thing ever! Woo Hoo!!



And of course Abby thought it tasted delicious! :)




Posted by Picasa

No comments: