Tuesday, January 31, 2012

DIY Dryer Balls

I found this on Pinterest, originally pinned from: Green Eyed Monster, and thought I would give it a shot!

So I gathered up my supplies, scissors, 100% wool yarn, panty hose, and wool roving, I had to Google that to see what it was and Michaels sells it!

This is what the wool roving looks like.



Left: my yarn ball, Middle: tennis ball for size comparison Right: yarn ball with wool roving rapped around it.



Yarn ball, tennis ball and 2 in the panty hose!
You then wash them on hot and toss them in the dryer (that's where mine are right now!! Cross your fingers!!)

********************
The blue and green one I didn't use as much roving and there is a small place where the yarn ball is showing though, but the original poster said that you could use just the yarn ball, so I think that it should be an ok thing. The wool roving really mixed into the pantyhose so it pulled a bit coming off but they seem to be felted well! Let's hope they work now. I am going to do a load of laundry and time it with and without and see what we get!

Posted by Picasa

No comments: