Thursday, January 5, 2012

I am now a SAH (stay at home mom) and loving it!

This post is dedicated to my dear husbands uncle :) Not because of the content, just because it's here! He's not on Facebook and I have been posting most of my pictures there b/c it was quick with my phone. But I think I am ready to start getting back to my dear ol blog:)

So I guess one of the biggest things that has happened lately is that I am now a SAH mom!!! I am so excited to be able to stay at home with Abby and to be able to make Connor breakfast, drop him off and pick him up from school. I never thought that I would be a stay at home mom. I have always had a job or 2 and the thought of "not working" really threw me for a loop. The first day back home after spending Christmas with Paul's family I went online and looked for a job! It just didn't feel right, me "not working." But since we have had a few days at home and I get to see how happy the children are waking up and not having to rush off, how proud I feel that I am able to spend the time with them and make them breakfast, pack lunches and be there right when Connor is done with school, to be able to cuddle with Abby as she pats me and says, "Good Mommy, you and me, we're girls" and then giggles is just the best thing ever!!!! Paul had a hernia repaired a few weeks ago and so he is still home on leave and it's been so awesome to have him home too. We have been able to spend more time together as a family and get some organizing done around the house which will make it so much easier to maintain the house and have everything be functional. It's just been so great to be able to watch Abby play and listen to how she has conversations with all the toys and find out that, while she isn't that great at puzzles yet like her brother was, she has a wonderful imagination. I can't wait to watch her grow and be the best mom to my kiddos and the best wife to my hubby that I can. Come along on the journey with us!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Like like like this post. :-D Erin